CODE OF CONDUCT
As a player, coach, or parent you represent Martingrove Baseball and must conduct yourself within the governing rules, regulations, policies and procedures. You agree to:
1. Adhere to Martingrove Baseball governing rules, regulations, policies and procedures as well as additional guidelines as established by both the Association and the coaching staff.
2. Treat players, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and other fans, regardless of race, sex or creed with respect, relative to abusive language, actions, and gestures.
3. Not argue with an official's decision. I will treat officials as being honest in their intentions and accept official decisions without becoming angry. I will not display temper tantrums, throw bats or helmets.
4. Learn TEAMWORK, SPORTSMANSHIP, DISCIPLINE and RESPECT while playing for fun and remaining competitive. Be a TEAM PLAYER/PARENT - get along with teammates and other parents. Appreciate and support the contribution everyone makes to the team.
5. Be on time to all games and practices. Being late on the field prior to practices or games may result in loss of playing time for the next game. Give coaches advance notice of upcoming tardiness or absences. Be dependable.
6. Learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport and set a good example. Understand that any behavior that reflects poorly on the team or the League may result in disciplinary action as decided upon by the coaches or the Martingrove Excecutive.
7. Understand that winning is desirable, but winning at any cost defeats the purpose of the game. I will learn to lose with dignity and to win with grace.
8. Players will present themselves in a professional manner and in full uniform. If team jackets are purchased then they should be worn to all team activities.
9. Players will, to the best of their ability, attend all practices held. Players will be physically and mentally prepared to work hard to improve their skills. Game books, drills, and all materials distributed by the coaching staff will be maintained and be brought to practices when requested by the coaching staff.
I UNDERSTAND THAT A VIOLATION OF ANY PART OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT OR ANY ACTION WHICH IS DETRIMENTAL TO THE LEAGUE MAY RESULT IN AN AUTOMATIC BENCHING FOR PLAYERS BY THE COACHES. VIOLATIONS BY PARENTS WILL RESULT IN A MEETING WITH THE VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE LEVEL OF PLAY. FURTHER DISCIPLINARY ACTION MAY BE REQUIRED IF THE CIRCUMSTANCE IS DEEMED SERIOUS AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO ATTENDING A DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE MEETING.
I have read and understand this form as a member of Martingrove Baseball and agree to abide to the Code of Conduct.