TEAM SNAP PLAYBOOK
For Coaches, Parents and Players
Introduced in 2017, TeamSnap is the #1 sports team/league management platform designed to:
- Manage your team schedule
- Post scores
- Notify players and parents of cancelled or newly created practices and events
- Track player availability
- Enable real-time team communication between your team members
- Post team photos
- Create parent assignments (snack duty)
- Expedite communication between the league and coaches during the season.
Though not mandatory, it is highly recommended that coaches use the TeamSnap app with your team this season and make sure all of your players and parents are on board too (they'll love it). The learning curve is short and easy and the benefits are numerous! (The player availability tool is key to creating the right practice plan or a game lineup!)
Each House League team has their own page and has been populated with the player/family data that was provided at registration. All HL coaches should have received an email recently indicating that they were assigned to a newly created team (previous users) or asked to join TeamSnap (new users).
We have programmed your teams players, so once you log into your account, your team will be there. There are a few steps that head coaches must take to begin finishing your team page.
- On your dashboard, you will see the Roster tab on the top navigation bar. Once selected, you will see a list of all your players. At each player's name you will see a Check Mark or a green box labeled as, Invite To Join/Re-Send Invitation. Families that are linked to your team have the Check Mark and those with the green box are not connected. Make sure to click this button on every player to get all your families on board!
- If you don't see a particular player on your team's page or if you need to update the listed players or coaching information, please feel free to edit accordingly.
- Now, it is time to customize your page by adding a welcome page note, populating your practice schedule (you're game schedule has been prepopulated), player availability and assignment schedule. These can all be populated from the blue navigation bar.
- The Availability tab is one of the best features of the TeamSnap platform. All your players are listed under each scheduled event. Mark everyone as available and ask families to change them to absent when conflicts are known. This allows you to have up-to-date info for game days!
- For many teams the Assignment tab can be used to assign the all important snack duties for each game!
- Ditch your group emails from your inbox and use the messaging feature on TeamSnap. This allows you to select all the players and send a quick email if practice is rained out or if there is a last minute field change. Your families will thank you!
For Coaches here are a few links to introduce you to the benefits of being a team 'owner' with TeamSnap and Martingrove Baseball. Please note that because you do not have individual TeamSnap accounts and your team's game schedule and roster have been pre-determined some of the features you will see will not be available to you.
For Parents and Players who are new to TeamSnap here is a link for you!
We hope these guidelines assist you in adapting to the TeamSnap system. If at any time anyone has any questions about the TeamSnap system just about everything you need to know is Googleable (new word!). Or ask your coach. Or send a note to email@example.com